@Sparkle_Tourism was created to provide a platform to support and promote Ontario, Canadian and international tourism professionals and brands.
Our main editorial purpose is to provide travel & tourism bloggers content they can use to create blog posts, events and their own more active social media communities. We also provide social media, internet marketing and community-management insights, tips and event/product reviews that are relevant to travel & tourism bloggers and social media community managers working with travel & tourism brands (or anyone managing travel communities of their own).
Link to Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sparkle_tourism
Since the launch of this media channel, the content has been sourced primarily from the community – retweeting the travel & tourism themed tweets and community manager conversations with travel professionals and bloggers in our audience.
Looking forward to 2012, the @Sparkle_Tourism content / editorial mandate is to find, create and share content that highlights:
- Apps / eBooks for travel consumers, bloggers and brands: recommending award-winning favorites, rising stars and “top” lists
- Who to Watch: leading developers, industry moves & entries, travel blogger lessons learned & guest posts
- Job opportunities for people in the community
- Objective product, service and professional reviews
- Media and brand launch events for the travel industry
- Professional tactics and technical insights for travel bloggers and community managers
Similar to traditional broadcast mass media, @Sparkle_Tourism is financially funded by content sponsors who meet our eligibility requirements and who are providing relevant, interesting, entertaining, helpful or valuable products or services and content.
Text 416-553-2157 or email debbie [at] theSparkleAgency [dot] com to arrange a no-commitment 30-minute online consultation.
Community Manager Opening
@Sparkle_Tourism needs a Community Manager who is an experienced world traveler or travel professional and passionate about sharing social media content:
- Curate and create content to post to this website and share to @Sparkle_Tourism
- Coordinate guest content syndication, blog tour and Tweetchat special guests
- Connect with travel-category digital product and service developers and media to promote Social Sparkle & Shine (concierge services), The Sparkle Agency (representation to ad agencies) and Sparkle Media (sponsorship & integration opportunities).
- Attend and plan & coordinate IRL meetups and professional networking events
- Must have an open mind and the ability to travel
- Active travel blogger, or extremely active in social media with many connections to travel and tourism brands /media
- Natural communicator and storyteller; English fluent oral, written and social media
- Interested in becoming a professional (paid) social media community manager for travel and tourism brands
- Smartphone with data
- Active profile and minimum understanding of (all) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare & Gowalla, Flikr, Tumblr, about.me and bit.ly
- Natural social butterfly, relationship builder and social connector
- Extremely detail oriented, positive nature and outlook, driven to help and participate
- 5+ hours/week minimum commitment, 24/7/365
- Located in Canada or USA
- This is a business partnership opportunity.
- The successful candidate will be compensated a referral fee for all new #Sparkle clients who are are referrals from @Sparkle_Tourism and created branded content.
- The @Sparkle_Tourism community manager will also have the first opportunity to also be the social media community manager for the new Sparkle client.
- Tourism SWAG, exclusive local event invitations and possible discounted travel opportunities.
- 6-month trial contract initially, with the opportunity to negotiate shared ownership.