@Sparkle_Policy was created to provide a platform to support and promote Ontario, Canadian and international media channels and organizations with information and tweets about social media policy, guidelines and general politics. This channel focuses on politics and government during elections.
Our main editorial purpose is to provide media organizations, journalists and bloggers content they can use to create blog posts, events and their own more active social media communities. We also provide social media, internet marketing and community-management insights, tips and event/product reviews that are relevant to media bloggers and social media community managers working with media organizations (or anyone managing a political or other community of their own).
Link to Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sparkle_policy
Since the launch of this media channel, the content has been sourced primarily from the community – retweeting the policy & guidelines-themed shares and community manager conversations with media producers, consumers, journalists and buyers in our audience. This is not a very active channel as the primary subject matter is often not especially exciting or appealing. Perhaps you can change that!
Looking forward to 2012, the @Sparkle_Policy content / editorial mandate is to find, create and share content that highlights:
- Apps / eBooks recommending award-winning favorites, rising stars and “top” lists from recognizable media brands
- Who to Watch: leading developers, industry moves & entries, blogger / reporter lessons learned & guest posts
- Job opportunities for people in the community
- Objective product, service and professional reviews
- Media and brand launch events
- Professional tactics and technical insights for politicians and community managers
Similar to traditional broadcast mass media, @Sparkle_Policy is financially funded by content sponsors who meet our eligibility requirements and who are providing relevant, interesting, entertaining, helpful or valuable products or services and content.
Text 416-553-2157 or email debbie [at] theSparkleAgency [dot] com to arrange a no-commitment 30-minute online consultation.
Community Manager Opening
@Sparkle_Policy needs a Community Manager who understands political campaigns and social media policy and guidelines for bloggers.
- Curate and create content to post to this website and share to @Sparkle_Policy
- Coordinate guest content syndication, blog tour and Tweetchat special guests
- Connect with media-relevant digital product and service developers and media to promote Social Sparkle & Shine (concierge services), The Sparkle Agency (representation to ad agencies) and Sparkle Media (sponsorship & integration opportunities).
- Attend and plan & coordinate IRL meetups and professional networking events
- Must have career history in politics, guidelines & policy, media, journalism or broadcasting
- Active blogger, or extremely active in social media with many connections to political professionals and media / organizations
- Natural communicator and storyteller; English fluent oral, written and social media
- Interested in becoming a professional (paid) social media community manager for political campaign or individual
- Smartphone with data
- Active profile and minimum understanding of (all) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare & Gowalla, Flikr, Tumblr, about.me and bit.ly
- Natural social butterfly, relationship builder and social connector
- Extremely detail oriented, positive nature and outlook, driven to help and participate
- 5+ hours/week minimum commitment, 24/7/365
- Located in Canada or USA
- This is a business partnership opportunity.
- The successful candidate will be compensated a referral fee for all new #Sparkle clients who are are referrals from @Sparkle_Policy and created branded content.
- The @Sparkle_Policy community manager will also have the first opportunity to also be the social media community manager for the new Sparkle client.
- Political campaign and media coverage event invitations.
- 6-month trial contract initially, with the opportunity to negotiate shared ownership.