@Sparkle_Family was created specifically with the intention of using it to promote a kid’s iPad2 app / e-book I was working on during the Spring and Summer 2011.
The main purpose of the channel is to provide expert community-management insights, tips and event/product reviews that are relevant to mommybloggers and social media community managers working with kids or family brands (or anyone managing family-themed communities of their own).
Link to Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sparkle_family
Since the launch of this media channel, the content has been sourced primarily from the community – retweeting the Family-themed shares and community manager conversations with “Mommybloggers” in our audience. Followers growth was initially very quick, indicating more than average 25% follow-back on initial strategic following of family brands, products and professionals. This also infers a marketplace need or appetite for this type of content.
Looking forward to Fall2011 and Winter 2011, the @Sparkle_Family content / editorial mandate is to find, create and share content that highlights:
- Apps / eBooks for kids & parents: recommending award-winning favorites, rising stars and “top” lists
- Who to Watch: leading developers, industry moves & entries, mommyblogger lessons learned & guest posts
- Job opportunities for people in the community
- Objective product, service and professional reviews
- Media and brand launch events focusing on revenue from kids & parent consumer customers
- Professional tactics and technical insights for mommybloggers and community managers
Similar to traditional broadcast mass media, @Sparkle_Family is financially funded by content sponsors who meet our eligibility requirements and who are providing relevant, interesting, entertaining, helpful or valuable products or services and content.
Text 416-553-2157 or email debbie [at] theSparkleAgency [dot] com to arrange a no-commitment 30-minute online consultation.
Immediate Community Manager Needed
@Sparkle_Family needs a Community Manager who understands parenting and mommybloggers:
- Curate and create content to post to this website and share to @Sparkle_Family
- Coordinate guest content syndication, blog tour and Tweetchat special guests
- Connect with family-category digital product and service developers and media to promote Social Sparkle & Shine (concierge services), The Sparkle Agency (representation to ad agencies) and Sparkle Media (sponsorship & integration opportunities).
- Attend and plan & coordinate IRL meetups and professional networking events
- Must have kids
- Active mommyblogger, or extremely active in social media with many connections to parents and parenting brands /media
- Natural communicator and storyteller; English fluent oral, written and social media
- Interested in becoming a professional (paid) social media community manager for parenting / kids brands
- Smartphone with data
- Active profile and minimum understanding of (all) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare & Gowalla, Flikr, Tumblr, about.me and bit.ly
- Natural social butterfly, relationship builder and social connector
- Extremely detail oriented, positive nature and outlook, driven to help and participate
- 5+ hours/week minimum commitment, 24/7/365
- Located in Canada or USA
- This is a business partnership opportunity.
- The successful candidate will be compensated a referral fee for all new #Sparkle clients who are are referrals from @Sparkle_Family and created branded content.
- The @Sparkle_Family community manager will also have the first opportunity to also be the social media community manager for the new Sparkle client.
- Parenting and kids product samples, SWAG and exclusive local event invitations.
- 6-month trial contract initially, with the opportunity to negotiate shared ownership.