(Image credit http://johnhazard.net/blog)
Almost as soon as Guy Kawasaki asked me if he could participate in my #SparkleSOS Book Authors & Publishers upcoming in January, I started to realize it is now time for me to streamline my event activities for guests and start using landing pages for my Social Sparkle & Shine website & events.
At the same time, I happened to notice my email client GetResponse ad on my website had changed to start promoting landing page services (30-day free trial); a little bit of social media serendipity to help me get going.
Are you using landing pages yet? What works best for you to convert? How do you use them?
I’m thinking of using them for:
- #SparkleSOS Google+ Hangout seat reservation (on video) & event registration (viewing video & accessing tweetchat)
- #Sparkle eNewsletter list sign-up
- #SparkleU free webinars
- #SparkleU mastermind participant registration
- Social Sparkle & Shine intern applications
- Social Media Concierge free potential client assessments
- Debbie Horovitch speaking engagements registrations & promotions on behalf of clients
If you want to give GetResponse and their new Landing Pages a try, you can watch this (slightly over enthusiastic) video from them ~
I also did a little bit of research on effective uses of landing pages and here’s what I could find:
Are there any additional resources you can recommend? Please add the links in the comments below!
- 15 Landing Page Examples Analyzed for Conversion (by a Honey Badger) by Unbounce
- 5-Step Guide to Optimizing Landing Pages by @HubSpot
- Creating Effective Landing Pages by @muddylemon
- How to Build Landing Pages That Work by @redfly
- How to Create Effective Landing Page Designs by @tripwiremag
- Landing Pages Turn Traffic Into Money by @copyblogger
- Stockmann Syndrome – Don’t Try This (Landing Page) at Home by @AffectSelling < This includes a great 11-point checklist that’s been very helpful to me…
As with everything that I do well, I am crappy at the start and use my early experiences to improve and learn the best ways to use the tool or tactic effectively for better results. Now I’m going to get started on my first attempt at a landing page; check back soon & please give me your honest critique.
Whitepapers and Playbooks referenced in this blog post are available free to download and share in my Social Media Concierge Public Resource Library on Google Docs.
Want me to attend your event, review your document or plans? Email me at debbie [at] theSparkleAgency [dot] com.
You can also request to participate as an expert or receive a free assessment of your social media activities on my new social media business show, #SparkleSOS on Google+ Hangouts on Air by emailing debbie [dot] horovitch [at] gmail [dot] com and don’t forget to add me to your G+ circles!
❤ By: Debbie Horovitch